Blog

David Haughton in St Just

https://www.penleehouse.org.uk/whats-on

Haughton arrived in West Cornwall in 1948 after leaving the Slade school of art in London. For two years he became closely involved with the artistic movements of the area, notably The St. Ives Society of Artists and The Crypt Group. He returned to London in 1950 to teach at The Central school. However he retained a love affair with the area of west Cornwall, particularly St. Just, and returned every year for 30 years. This show celebrates this love affair with a series of prints, drawings and paintings.